Sunday, 8 October 2017

Rebecca Deacon, former private secretary to the Duchess of Cambridge to be given Royal Victoria Order

Last year, Royal Central broke the news that the Duchess of Cambridge’s private secretary would be stepping down from her role. A spokesperson for Kensington Palace confirmed: “After a decade of service to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, Rebecca Deacon will be stepping down as private secretary to the Duchess of Cambridge. She plans to leave the household in the summer. Their...
Read More »

Saturday, 30 September 2017

Prince William says the UK should look for new trade deals

Prince William has told business leaders that the United Kingdom should look ahead to the future and ramp up efforts to strengthen its trading relations around the world. Speaking at Lancaster House to launch the 2018 International Business Festival in Liverpool, the Duke of Cambridge announced his patronage of the event – which will bring together businesses from all over the world – before...
Read More »

Duchess of Cambridge is Feeling Better, Says Prince William

Prince William revealed that his wife, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge has been feeling better since her third pregnancy was announced in early September. Prince William was attending a reception and award ceremony for the Metropolitan and City Police Orphans Fund, of which he recently became Patron, and spoke to an elderly woman about Catherine’s condition. “She’s been feeling better, thank...
Read More »

Friday, 29 September 2017

Duchess of Cambridge Sends Message of Support for SportsAid Week

The Duchess of Cambridge has sent a message of support as SportsAid Week begins. SportsAid is a charity that helps young athletes pursue their goals to become Olympians, Paralympians, and world champions via financial support. Founded in 1976, the charity helps young people at the “very start of their journey towards becoming the next generation of sporting heroes. “The most talented young...
Read More »

Wednesday, 27 September 2017

Prince William remains tight-lipped after he is asked about a potential Harry & Meghan marriage

The Duke of Cambridge was forced to react to the news of his brother’s relationship with Meghan Markle after the topic came up in conversation during a visit to Milton Keynes. During a visit to William Cowley Parchment Makers, the company’s general manager told the Duke: “If Prince Harry marries Meghan then his certificate will be in our vellum.” Prince William avoided commenting but opted...
Read More »

MP for Kensington brands the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as "ridiculous"

MP for Kensington brands the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as "ridiculous"

The newly elected and first ever Labour Member of Parliament for Kensington has given some serious criticism towards the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Emma Dent Coad made history when she became the first Labour MP to be elected in Kensington, the UK’s richest constituency. With a slim majority of just 20 votes, she won the Kensington seat after the general elections in June. It is no secret that the Labour MP is a convinced republican.

On Monday she attended a pro-republican event entitled “Reigning in the Monarchy” in London. There she spoke of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the most famous residents of Kensington. In a conversation with delegates, she said about the monarchy: “The system is ridiculous,” adding “We should not be funding them.”

After some comments on the monarchy in general, Ms Dent Coad also targeted the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge who live in Kensington Palace. The MP thought it was absolutely “disgusting” that the Duchess of Cambridge bought jumpers at the cost of £150 each, saying: “That’s a food bill for a family of four.”

She called this “absolutely outrageous,” before commenting that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are ridiculous.

After criticising the monarchy and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, she also attacked the BBC.

Ms Dent Coad said that the BBC “is a piece of the whole propaganda machine” which produces “sickeningly gratuitous coverage of anything royal”. Instead of being neutral, she added that the BBC is “very heavily directed by right-wing politics and the monarchy”.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge recently moved permanently to their apartment at Kensington Palace in the heart of the borough. Their Royal Highnesses are said to be taking on more official engagements in the future, and therefore the permanent move to Kensington was said to be necessary.
Read More »

The Duke of Cambridge reveals that Prince George is "fed up" with school

The Duke of Cambridge reveals that Prince George is "fed up" with school

Despite only being two weeks into his educational journey, it appears Prince George is already fed up of school having found it heavy going.

During a visit to Milton Keynes, the Duke of Cambridge told a fellow parent: “I just dropped George off and he didn’t want to go.”

Prince William, who drops George off to school every day, hinted that like many parents, getting the four-year-old into school in the morning is no easy task.

The Duke was speaking to 31-year-old Louise Smith who chatted to the Prince after he came over to meet her two young children.

She said: “It was really exciting meeting William. He told me he’d just dropped Prince George off at school and he didn’t want to go. Sounds a bit like mine really.”

The Duke of Cambridge spent Tuesday in Milton Keynes to celebrate the town’s 50th anniversary.

Prince George attends the £18,000 per year Thomas’s School Battersea and was dropped off by his father on his first day earlier this month.

The young Prince is known as George Cambridge to his classmates. Thomas’s Battersea’s motto is “be kind” and requires that students “not just to tolerate but to celebrate difference, including faith, beliefs and culture.”

In addition to traditional subjects, George will be taught French, ballet, drama, art, and physical education at the fee-paying independent school.

George’s mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, has said in the past that she does not think her son “has any idea what’s going to hit him” as he begins school.

Maud Windsor, the daughter of Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor, also attends Thomas’s Battersea. She is the granddaughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.
Read More »

Friday, 22 September 2017

A Book Review, Princess Diana Survivor

The last few months have seen the publication of many books and articles and airing of lots of TV shows about Diana, Princess of Wales who died twenty years ago this past August. These shows and articles usually examine Diana’s final days and explain what effect her death and funeral had on both her close family and the country in general. Diana Survivor is rather different to many of these publications,...
Read More »

Thursday, 21 September 2017

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry to host World Mental Health day event

The Duchess of Cambridge was last seen publicly in August viewing a tribute garden for the late Diana, Princess of Wales at Kensington Palace. It would be her last public engagement before the announcement of her third pregnancy was announced earlier this month. Catherine again is suffering from severe morning sickness, which has forced her to cancel previously scheduled events. Kensington Palace...
Read More »

Duke of Cambridge Attracts Controversy over Drugs Comment

Prince William attracted some controversy earlier this week when he asked whether drugs should be legalised while on a visit to Spitalfields Crypt Trust. “Can I ask you a very massive question - it’s a big one - there’s obviously a lot of pressure growing in areas about legalising drugs and things like that. What are your individual opinions on that?” Prince William asked three people who have...
Read More »

Wednesday, 20 September 2017

The Duke of Cambridge jokes about his hair

Prince Willam joked about his receding hairline Tuesday morning as he kicked off a visit to a charity café in Shoreditch. “I don’t have much hair,” he said to hairdresser Taz Kabria. “I can’t give you much business.” Prince William was greeting the hairdressers who work next door to the café when he made the quip about his hair. Jokes about the Prince’s hair aren’t new fodder for the Royal...
Read More »

Tuesday, 19 September 2017

The Duchess of Cambridge stars in new mental health campaign for children

The Duchess of Cambridge has lent her support to a new mental health campaign in the form of a video message for the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families (AFNCCF). The centre’s new ‘You're Never Too Young to Talk Mental Health’ features the Duchess, who is Royal Patron of the charity which offers a mental health assessment and treatment programme. In the video, the Duchess...
Read More »

The Duke of Cambridge to attend the world premiere of Blue Planet II

On Wednesday, 27 September Prince William will join Sir David Attenborough and composer Hans Zimmer at the British Film Institute IMAX cinema in London for the world premiere screening of the BBC’s Blue Planet II. The special screening aims to celebrate the show’s potential to inspire future generations of marine conservationists and will see school children from Lionel Primary School in Brentford...
Read More »

Saturday, 16 September 2017

Demand for lentils soar after they appear on Prince George's £18,000 per year school men

Demand for lentil has soared over the past week according to farmers, and it is all because they feature on the menu of Prince George’s £18,000 per year school. Despite only being four-years-old, the young Prince seems to have successfully influenced more people to eat their greens than even the likes of Jamie Oliver! Puy lentil producers have reported a sudden boost in demand for the crop...
Read More »

Friday, 15 September 2017

'Super fan' behind stalking of Prince George; "He would have been safe"

'Super fan' behind stalking of Prince George; "He would have been safe"

The woman who was arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary at Prince George’s new school was a super fan of the Royal Family.

According to her mother, 40-year-old Louise Chantry is in love with the fairytale aspect of their lives.

Chantry who was previously a holistic healer has also been convicted of hotel fraud.

Rona Crawford, Chantry’s mother, spoke to The Sun about the incident.

“She wouldn’t have done any harm to George,” Crawford said.

“He would have been safe with her.

“She just loves the royal family and loves kids.”

Adding on that the Cambridge family “represent the ideal family life she would like to have”.

“People were very much in love with Diana when she was alive, this is similar. It’s a fairytale. It’s a fantasy.”

Chantry was charged with £100 fine after unpaid hotel bills and has a hard time finding work.

“She’s been under a lot of stress,” her mother explained, Chantry recently split with her husband of six years.

“She has no children herself. She wants stability, a home she is happy in.

“I’m very sad this has happened, it’s a horrible incident.”

On a visit to a hospital in Liverpool, when asked about the incident, Prince William said: “It’s been a very interesting week.”

The woman was arrested at 14:15hrs on Wednesday, 13 September relating to an incident the day previously when an individual gained access to its premises.

In a statement issued, the Metropolitan Police say that the woman was arrested in the vicinity of the school and remains in custody.

The statement reads: “We are working with the school, which is attended by His Royal Highness Prince George, to review its security arrangements after the incident.

“Police were alerted and officers attended immediately after the issue came to light.

Police are part of the protective security arrangements for the Prince and we will continue to work closely with the school, which is responsible for building security on its site.”

According to media reports, royal protection officers had been alerted when a woman entered the school unannounced on Tuesday afternoon.

Louise Chantry has been released on bail until a hearing in October.
Read More »

Prince William speaks out about Prince George's 'school stalker' incident

The Duke of Cambridge has spoken for the first time about an incident which occurred earlier this week where an alleged stalker was arrested for gaining access to Prince George’s new school. On a visit to a hospital in Liverpool, when asked about the incident, Prince William said: “It’s been a very interesting week.” Scotland Yard revealed on Wednesday that a 40-year-old woman had been arrested...
Read More »

Prince William on Princess Charlotte: "She's going to be trouble when she gets older"

Prince William on Princess Charlotte: "She's going to be trouble when she gets older"

The Duke of Cambridge has been speaking about his two children on a trip to Liverpool today.

During a visit to Aintree Hospital, one patient asked how the Duchess of Cambridge and the two children are doing.

The second-in-line-to the throne replied: “She’s doing very well, thanks.

“George started school, so it’s been a very interesting week.”

Speaking of his youngest child, two-year-old Princess Charlotte, William said: “She’s going to be trouble when she gets older. All fathers say that to me, watch out for the little girls.”

“But they’re all very well, thanks.”

The Duchess of Cambridge is currently at Kensington Palace after she was forced to cancel her planned engagements due to a severe case of morning sickness.

Her illness resulted in Kensington Palace being forced to announce earlier than planned that the Duke and Duchess are expecting their third child.

Although a due date has not been revealed, it is expected the baby will arrive in the Spring.

The Duke of Cambridge began his visit to Liverpool at Aintree University Hospital where he formally opened the new Urgent Care and Trauma Centre (UCAT). This new unit, which serves a catchment area of 2.3m residents in the North West, opened in January 2017 following a £35m redevelopment.

Following on from the opening, Prince William visited Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust’s Life Rooms in Walton. This community hub has helped over 16,000 people and challenges the stigmas associated with mental health.

On his final stop, the Duke visited Wallasey for a series of activities in the pools at Guinea Gap Leisure Centre. This engagement merged three related organisations of which he is Patron of – the British Sub-Aqua Club, English Schools Swimming Association and Swim England.
Read More »

Thursday, 14 September 2017

The Duke of Cambridge visits McLaren Production Centre

Britain’s McLaren Automotive currently produces some of today’s top sports cars and luxury vehicles. Ever since successful Formula One driver Bruce McLaren first introduced his M1A race car in 1964, McLaren Automotive has grown astronomically into one of Britain’s finest vehicular production companies of the age. His Royal Highness the Duke of Cambridge made a pit stop at McLaren Automotive’s...
Read More »

The Duke of Cambridge meets survivors of football child abuse

The Duke of Cambridge, who is the president of the Football Association (FA), has met with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse at the Sporting Chance charity in Liphook, set up by former England football captain Tony Adams. The charity is specifically set up for those affected by non-recent sexual abuse in football. The Duke of Cambridge said: “We have been very good at tackling things...
Read More »

Woman arrested following incident at Prince George's new school

Scotland Yard says that a 40-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary at Prince George’s new school. The woman was arrested at 14:15hrs on Wednesday, 13 September relating to an incident that occurred at Thomas’s Battersea School the day previously when an individual gained access to its premises. In a statement issued, the Metropolitan Police say that the woman was...
Read More »

Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Prince William says how Prince George would love a life-size Lego car

He may be the future king, but Prince George is just like every other four-year-old. On Tuesday, the Duke of Cambridge toured McLaren's design and production centres in Woking, Surrey where he got an up close view of the 280,000 Lego-brick version of the 720s road car. Upon viewing it, Prince William exclaimed: "Wow! My son would love this!" Adding on: "My son's very into Lego, and he'd love...
Read More »

Saturday, 9 September 2017

Prince Charles comments on Prince George's first day of school

Prince Charles has commented on Prince George’s first day at school. Prince George started at his new school on Thursday. While speaking to ITV News about Prince George’s first day at school, Prince Charles joked when asked if he had any advice for the young prince. He said “Course not! He wouldn’t take it from me at that age.” Prince Charles said that at “that age you don’t worry quite so...
Read More »

Thursday, 7 September 2017

Prince George wasn't the only royal starting at Thomas's Battersea

Maud Windsor with her father Lord  Frederick Windsor While the eyes were all on the future king starting his education at Thomas's Battersea, another member of the royal family went mostly unnoticed starting her year off at the same school. Maud Windsor, daughter of Lord Fredrick Windsor and Lady Sophie of Windsor, was all smiles as she entered the school with her father. The four-year-old...
Read More »

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge release photo of Prince George's first day at school

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge release photo of Prince George's first day at school The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have a released a new photograph to mark Prince George's first day at school. In the photo, Prince George is stood beside his father outside the doors of Kensington Palace. The two princes are holding hands, as they were early on Thursday morning when William dropped his son...
Read More »

Prince George begins first day of school

Prince George begins first day of school Prince George has started his first day of school this morning at Thomas’s Battersea dressed in his school uniform of a navy v-neck jumper, matching shorts, and long red socks with his black shoes. His father, the Duke of Cambridge, accompanied his nervous looking son as he arrived. His mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, was unable to join him as she is...
Read More »

Thursday, 30 March 2017

The Duke Of Cambridge Lays Wreath In Memory Of PC Keith Palmer, Who Was Killed In Terror Attack

The Duke of Cambridge laid a wreath in the Police Memorial Garden at the National Memorial Arboretum on Wednesday in memory of the police officer killed in the London terror attack. PC Keith Palmer was stabbed by a terrorist last week as he was guarding the Palace of Westminster. On the wreath, Prince William left a message which reads: “For PC Keith Palmer, and all those who have served our...
Read More »

Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Duchess Of Cambridge To Conduct Solo Visit To Luxembourg In May

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Luxembourg on 11 May at the request of the Foreign Office, Kensington Palace has announced. She will attend the commemoration of the 1867 Treaty of London (also called the Second Treaty of London), which reaffirmed the personal union between the Netherlands and Luxembourg under the House of Orange-Nassau and reaffirmed the neutrality of Luxembourg, which was...
Read More »